Full course description
Travel the globe on a thrilling ancient adventure
- Explore the story of the world from early civilizations through the fall of Rome
- Homeschool with confidence: The Instructor's Guide includes a 36-Week, 4-Day schedule with lesson plans, teaching tips and much more!
- Learn how people lived in ancient Egypt, Greece, Europe, Africa, India & China
Includes a 36-Week, 4-Day schedule designed to save one day a week for co-ops, music lessons, sports, field trips or other extra-curricular activities. Includes colorful map answer keys, discussion questions and answers as well as background notes to help you get the most from the time you spend with your child.
As an added benefit, you will receive free online access for 1 year to the electronic version of this guide.
History & Geography│Intro to World History - Year 1 of 2
As you sketch an overview of history, you get to:
- Recline at a scrumptious Roman feast with a nobleman and his family
- Discover why we know much more about Ancient Egypt than we do about other civilizations such as Crete
- Encounter mighty war elephants of India with Alexander the Great and his weary troops
Start your child's journey with a fun survey of peoples of the world. See how different people groups live, build homes, talk, eat and dress.
The entertaining, highly illustrated Time Traveler book provides an in-depth look at everyday life long ago. Give your children a real sense of what it was like to live in Ancient Egypt and Ancient Rome.
As you move through these books, you also use your timeline to map history, explore the Great Wall of China, do fun hands-on activities and more.
Reading aloud to your children builds their vocabulary, listening skills and imagination. It forms bonds between you and them. When possible, we have linked Level 1 Read-Alouds with the content you're studying. The many wonderful books that aren't directly connected to your history still help your children's cognitive development and gives them a passion to learn. Prepare to:
- Meet the characters of heartwarming classics such as Charlotte's Web and Gooney Bird Greene
- Solve a dangerous mystery with seven young boys in ancient Rome
- Laugh with Henry Huggins and Mr. Popper's Penguins in their zany adventures
BookShark's Level 1 Readers will help your child progress by fostering their love of reading. They get a whole stack of gripping books they can successfully read on their own. For help determining your child's reading level please take our Quick Reading Assessment.
A few essential resources make your learning extra rich this year. You'll use The Timeline Book and the Markable Map throughout your BookShark journey.