Full course description
Experience America's history from the 1850s on!
- Complete the epic adventure you started in Level D
- Relax as you enjoy fascinating books; just follow the daily lesson plans
- Get to know heroes like Abraham Lincoln, William Wilberforce, Eleanor Roosevelt and the Wright brothers!
- Purchase this package and you'll get free shipping (lower 48)
Breathe life into your study of history
Reading with History E gives a breathtaking look at America from the Civil War through the year 2000. Walk alongside families whose lives intersect with major events in our history. The Civil War, Westward Expansion, the Industrial Revolution, WWI, the Great Depression, WWII and modern history come to life as characters grapple with the difficulties around them and overcome in the end.
Reading with History E - Includes:
Includes a 36-Week, 4-Day schedule designed to save one day a week for co-ops, music lessons, sports, field trips or other extra-curricular activities. Includes colorful map answer keys, discussion questions and answers as well as background notes to help you get the most from the time you spend with your child.
As an added benefit, you will receive free online access for 1 year to the electronic version of this guide.
History & Geography │Intro to American History, Year 2 of 2
Complete the epic adventure you started in BookShark's Level D Intro to American History, Year 1 of 2 and experience America's history from the 1850s on. Get to know heroes like Abraham Lincoln, Eleanor Roosevelt and the Wright brothers.
Find out how Americans' unique perspective--our egalitarianism, our desire for change, and our "can-do" spirit--contributed to inventions such as ready-to-wear clothing, department stores and skyscrapers. Discover why time zones and "fast food" came into existence. Examine how mass immigration, women's suffrage, the labor movement and the Great Depression impacted the social, political, and economic climate of the country. Discuss how racism has influenced life for individuals and the entire nation throughout the years.
Read, grow and learn together. History books, biographies and enriching "extras" add depth to your study this year. Highlights here include:
- The only biography to win a Newbery Medal
- A CD with great songs of Americana. These are songs your children should know for the sake of cultural literacy, from "Camptown Races" to "America the Beautiful."
- Timeline figures to continue your ever-expanding timeline. This tool helps you see exactly how history unfolds
- An accessible look at World Wars I and II, with plenty of appropriate photographs and detailed maps
Besides the main tour through U.S. history, Reading with History E also includes a side trip south to discover the history and cultures of South America.
Make a real connection with your child as you read these books with your kids! Read about real life for Americans through the centuries and ...
- Meet an all-time favorite heroine: an 11-year-old girl who helps keep peace between Indians and pioneers
- March through the American Civil War with Jethro. Watch him become a man and begin to understand the issues behind the conflict
- Join the delightful story of a poor Jewish family in a crowded section of New York City at the turn of the century
- Hunt buffalo, live in a teepee and ride bareback as you discover what it's like to live as a Crow Indian
Your kids will meet inspiring characters such as Helen Keller, Harriet Tubman and Thomas Edison. A few Readers are for pure fun, but most tie directly to the history content.
A few essential resources make your learning extra rich this year. You'll use The Timeline Book and the Markable Map throughout your BookShark journey.