Full course description
Witness the rise and fall of ancient empires!
- Discover how people lived around the world from ancient times through the Renaissance.
- Relax with complete lesson plans and materials for homeschool success.
- Meet Augustus Caesar, samurai warriors, Incan emperors, Joan of Arc and more!
- Bring the ancient world to life with vivid biographies, historical fiction and award-winning literature.
Find answers to real-life questions such as: How did ancient Egypt, Israel and Assyria interact? Where did the Greeks come from? Why did Greek civilization give way to the Romans? Why did the Roman Empire fall? How did Asian culture develop during that same time? How did Western history progress during the Dark Ages? How did those centuries give rise to the Renaissance?
Reading with History G - Includes:
Includes a 36-Week, 4-Day schedule designed to save one day a week for co-ops, music lessons, sports, field trips or other extra-curricular activities. Includes colorful map answer keys, discussion questions and answers as well as background notes to help you get the most from the time you spend with your child.
As an added benefit, you will receive free online access for 1 year to the electronic version of this guide.
History & Geography │ World History - Year 1 of 2
- Journey through Ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greek culture, Ancient Rome and much more!
- The first two volumes in the Story of the World books will take you on a gripping story-based trek through history
- Timeline figures to continue your ever-expanding timeline. This tool helps you see exactly how history unfolds
- Share and savor classic poetry from Shakespeare to J.R.R. Tolkien, Emily Dickinson to Langston Hughes, covering a range of topics such as pets, nature, family and more
- Enjoy the mystery and intrigue of Ancient times
- Read about heroes with lifelike qualities with whom you can sympathize
Your kids will get an up close look at what life might have been like through the eyes of Kings & Queens, Egyptians, knights, samurai warriors, Incan emperors and more!
A few essential resources make your learning extra rich this year. You'll use The Timeline Book and the Markable Map throughout your BookShark journey.